This session will be delivered by Abi Macdonald, Volunteer Co-ordinator at CLEAR, Community Links - a mental health charity operating in Kirklees.
Session aims - to equip Volunteer Managers to support volunteers dealing with increased anxiety due to COVID-19.
Format - It will include a presentation and group discussions.
The content will include:
- What is anxiety? What are the symptoms?
- How to support someone experiencing anxiety
- Possible triggers when returning to volunteering
- Tools to prepare volunteers and make their return as stress free as possible
- Techniques on starting a conversation about wellbeing with Volunteers
- Signposting to health and wellbeing resources to support you going forward.