We can help with
support with finding funding
We can help you work out what funding you need and find the right funder. We can work with you on a one-to-one basis, or you can come along to one of our workshops or events.
We run a Funding Fair a couple of times a year, when we invite a range of funders, from the National Lottery to smaller local funders like One Community and The Loose Change Charity along for you to meet.
We also run regular workshops throughout the year on:
- Finding Your Funder
- Applying to Trusts and Foundations
- Bid writing
And we always try to highlight new funding opportunities at our networking events and Members’ Meetings.
what can i apply for now?
You can find details of all the current funds that are accepting applications below. We also share these on social media and send them out in our monthly newsletter.
support with writing applications
We can also help you work on your applications, again either on a one-to-one basis or at one of our regular bid writing workshops. These cover things like:
- Writing Your First Bid
- Improving Your Grant Applications
If you haven’t applied for funding before you can start with one of our TSL Kirklees Small Grants Funds and we’ll support you through the process. See Current Funding Opportunities for ones that are open now, or speak to us to find out more.
To access larger pots of longer-term funding, you may need to be part of a partnership of organisations all working together. We can help you make those connections, if you haven’t done already, and work on your application.
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
where do I start?
There are a few funders that we always signpost people to, so it’s always worth starting with these:
- TSL Kirklees Small Grants Funding – see Current Funding Opportunities below for any that are open now.
- National Lottery Awards For All
- One Community
- Kirklees Council Ward Budgets
- Kirklees Council/Kirklees Youth Alliance Healthy Holidays Funding
- The West Yorkshire Mayor’s Safer Communities Funding (formerly the Police and Crime Commissioner’s Safer Communities Funding)
what do I need to think about?
- How much do you need?
- What’s it for?
- Do you fit the criteria for this particular grant?
- GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE
- Some funders may only fund registered charities
- Social enterprises may be eligible for both third sector and business grants (but will be excluded most grants from Charitable Trusts and Foundations)
- Social enterprises will be eligible for social investment funding and loans
- Most funders will only fund you if you have 3+ people on your board of trustees/directors or management committee and they may specify that some or all need to be unrelated
For more information about governance and legal structures for your organisation see:
- Setting up a community group or charity
- Creating a social enterprise
- Developing your charity or community group
- Who will you be working with?
- Do you need staff or volunteers to deliver the project?
- What are your costs?
- Do you have a bank account?
- How will you keep a record of how you’ve spent the money?
- Do you have insurance and the correct policies and procedures that a funder might expect?
- How are you going to show what you’ve achieved/the impact you’ve had?
- Can I apply to more than 1 funder at the same time?
- Can I apply to more than 1 funder raise enough money?
- Can I rework the application and send it to someone else if we’re not successful?
- Can I rework my application and resubmit it?
- Do I need some independent help/feedback on my application?
If you need help or advice with any of this, please get in touch.
Where can I find new funders to try?
Kirklees for funding
Third Sector Team
Current Funding Opportunities
Find other local and national funding
Latest Funding News
Employability Solutions Legacy Fund Round 3 for Young PeopleEmployability Solutions are proud to announce that the Platform for Change Legacy Fund – 3rd round is now open for applications. This funding round is focused on supporting Young People… Read more
Our Creative Connection Secures Arts Council England Backing for Major New ProjectHuddersfield-based social enterprise Our Creative Connection has successfully secured funding from Arts Council England for ‘Sensory Stories’ a project exploring senses of identity and place for people with learning disabilities… Read more
Government Launches £10m Suicide Prevention Grant Fund for EnglandThe Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) is inviting voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) organisations providing suicide prevention services, activities or interventions that are free of charge to… Read more
Government Allocates £76 Million Support Package to Strengthen Charities and Community Organisations supporting Vulnerable PeopleCharities and community organisations supporting vulnerable individuals are set to benefit from a substantial £76 million government support package. This new fund, aimed at sustaining vital services, is now open… Read more