We can help with:
getting started with the right policies and procedures
Whenever you are starting a organisation or activity, it’s really important to make sure that you have the right policies and procedures in place to:
- protect your staff, trustees or committee members, volunteers and service users,
- mange risk and keep everyone safe,
- be compliant with any relevant laws,
- and make sure that everyone knows how to deal with particular situations or issues.
They also show that your organisation is transparent and accountable.
You will need these in place to:
- apply for funding
- register on Kirklees’ Council’s Grant Access Point (GAP) which allows you to apply for Council grants or bid for Council contracts with the above £1000
- advertise for volunteers on our Volunteering Opportunities Board. This is because, as the Accredited Volunteer Centre for Kirklees, we have to make sure that groups working with volunteers maintain good practice and keep volunteers safe.
Every organisation is different, but you can check our FAQs below to see what policies and procedures we’d recommend as standard.
If you need templates or samples to use, or some help or advice with getting started, please get in touch.
updating and reviewing your policies and procedures
You will need to update and review your policies and procedures:
- every year, or whenever something changes (for example, if you need to change how you deliver services due to Covid).
- whenever you start a new group, service or activity, or move to a new venue
- and you may wish to develop them as your organisation grows, particularly if you:
- start to employ people
- or recruit volunteers
- manage money, fundraise or accept donations
- want to get a quality mark such as:
- Kirklees Volunteering Quality Award
- Quality for Health
other specialist help
- Volunteer management
- Risk assessments
- Financial Management
What policies and procedures do I need?
As a minimum, we would recommend:
- Health and safety
- Equality and diversity
- Data protection and GDPR
- Risk management
- Financial management
- A code of conduct for your board, trustees or management committee
- Relevant insurance
If you have volunteers, we would also recommend:
- Insurance cover for volunteers
- An expenses policy for volunteers
- A volunteering policy
- and procedures for induction, training and support
If you have employees, you will also need policies and procedures around:
- disciplinary matters
What policies and procedures do I need to be able to advertise for volunteers through tSL kirklees?
When you register on our website or become a member of TSL Kirklees, you will be asked if you have:
- Equal Opps Policy/Statement
- Health and Safety Policy
- Insurance Cover for volunteers
- Safeguarding Policy
- Volunteer Expenses
- Volunteer Induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteer Training/Support
If you haven’t got these in place, or aren’t sure if your current policies and procedures cover all these areas, please get in touch – email@example.com. You won’t be able to add volunteering opportunities to our website, social media and newsletter, until you’ve updated your account details to confirm that you have them.
What is Kirklees Volunteering Quality award?
what is quality for health?
- Covid Risk Assessment – Libraries
- Covid Risk Assessment – Community Centres
- Covid Risk Assessment – Charity Offices
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.