- Part Time
- Post: Warehouse Assistant
Contract type: 3-month fixed term, with possible extension
- Hours: 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 1pm – 5pm
- Hourly rate: £12 per hour
- Location: Lockwood, Huddersfield, post not suitable for remote working
We are recruiting a Warehouse Assistant, to support our growing food bank operation during our busiest time of year. The post is initially for 3 months, but with the possibility of extension.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, resourceful individual with strong interpersonal skills. This is a newly created post, to work alongside our existing warehouse team.
- To act as a delivery driver, delivering our crisis packs to clients’ homes and assisting with collections of stock and donations
- To support warehouse activities as directed, including picking and moving stock and recording stock movements
A full, clean UK driving licence is an essential requirement for this role.
The Welcome Centre is committed to safeguarding its service users and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment will be conditional on an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check being obtained.
About The Welcome Centre
The Welcome Centre is an independent charity providing crisis support in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. We run a large food bank operation providing practical support. We also have an in-house Advice, Guidance and Support team who work with the people accessing our food bank to help improve their longer-term circumstances. Each year we support thousands of people in crisis in our community.
We have a small staff team working across two sites in Huddersfield, supported by more than 100 volunteers. We rely on the generosity of our community and partners to support our work.
You can find out more about The Welcome Centre and our team at: www.thewelcomecentre.org
Please visit Our Vacancies page to view a full job description for the role.
If you would like an informal chat about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Operations Manager) to arrange it.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: 30th November 2023. The Welcome Centre reserves the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
- Interviews: TBC (we aim to give at least 3 working days’ notice of interview dates)
£12 per hour