Meet, Try & Learn
Meet, Try and Learn are social clubs planned and delivered by Welcome Mentors, and co-ordinated by our Welcome Mentors Co-ordinator, Steffi Rogers. The sessions are held alongside the regular This Way for English assessment sessions at libraries and community centres:
- Batley Library, Monday 10am – 12pm
- Dewsbury Library, Tuesday 1pm – 3pm
- Huddersfield Library, Wednesday 10 – 12noon
- Greenwood Centre (Ravensthorpe), Thursday 1pm – 3pm
Delivering social clubs & learning activities
The sessions are a mixture of Welcome Mentor-led activities, and learning engagement sessions with support from the Mentors. Each session includes opportunities for conversation, learning, interaction and engagement, further learning.
- arts and crafts such as jewellery-making and using henna (with a session plans that include language development)
- literacy activities, such as dice games with questions and answers, crosswords and themed word games
- activity sheets of varying levels, extension tasks and take-home activities
- learning how to use tablets and laptops and find useful information.
Get in touch to find out more or to make a referral: