Our main aim at TSL Kirklees is to support different communities in Kirklees by supporting the charities, groups and people that work with them and know them best.
We do this in a number of ways:
- By providing information, help and advice, either on a one-to-one basis, by matching you up with another local organisation who can mentor you, via our regular People Helping People Network meetings, or via our email newsletter and social media.
- By helping you get started with setting up the type of organisations and structure, creating some policies and procedure, and recruiting volunteers.
- By putting on training that will help you develop the skills you need.
In addition, we also create new initiatives that will help community groups help more people in Kirklees, and fill gaps that we’ve identified.
Below, you can find out about some of our current initiatives, including our:
- Community Anchor project which has created a network of established and trusted community organisations across Kirklees who can work with and support smaller groups, and work in partnership with GPs, council staff and other health workers to refer people to the right local activities
- Words in Mind project that helps groups and community venues put on therapeutic reading groups for people with dementia and mental health problems, and trains volunteers to run them.
- Community Learning Works project (now finished) that helped people into training and work by helping groups create learning projects in their communities
Latest Supporting Community News
Get in touch with the TSL Kirklees Supporting Communities Team: