Please note: this is out standard privacy notice for Third Sector Leaders Kirklees. If you are looking for a privacy notice for a particular project, please use the following links:
Third Sector Leaders Kirklees (TSL) takes your privacy seriously and is committed to protecting your personal information. We aim to be clear and open about our data and security practices. When we ask you to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice and in line with the Data Protection Act 2018 which includes the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Name: Third Sector Leaders Kirklees (TSL)
Address: LG12 Brian Jackson House, 2 New North Parade, Huddersfield, HD1 5JP
Phone Number: (01484) 519053
- WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION WE HAVE
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Name and email addresses of members
- Website user statistics.
- Personal information for employees of TSL and those organisations who use our Payroll Service. This information will include
- Contact Information: First names, Last name, email, telephone number, address, National Insurance number, date of birth, gender, employer, job title
- Payment Information: bank account details where TSL make the payroll payments
HOW WE GET THE INFORMATION AND WHY WE DO WE HAVE IT
The personal information we process is provided directly by you, or by your employer if it is for the payroll service, for one of the following reasons:
- Keep you informed of our events and activities
- Enable us to evaluate our activities for our own purposes and those of our funders.
- Process your employer’s payroll and to respond to requests, questions and comments relating to your payroll.
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 (including GDPR) the lawful bases we rely on to process this information
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at the above address.
- We have a legitimate interest.
- A legal obligation. There will be circumstances under which we are legally obliged to hold your personal data or required to disclose it to a third party by law. For example, this will apply to TSL payroll and those outside organisations using our payroll service where we have to submit information to HMRC and keep payroll records for 7 years.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We usually retain information for 5 years from the date of consent, although it will depend on the basis on which we are keeping the information (for example see legal obligation above), at which point we will ask you for consent again if necessary. Otherwise, the information will be deleted or destroyed. You can ask us to delete your information at any time unless we are required to keep it for any legal reason.
- HOW DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information is securely stored. If it is in digital format, it will be held in encrypted cloud storage or on a password protected device. If it is in paper format, then it will be stored in a lockable filing cabinet in our office.
- YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Right of access
You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Right to rectification
You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to erasure
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
- Right to object to processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to data portability
You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us on the address above.
- HOW TO COMPLAIN
If you are unhappy with how we have used your data, you can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at the following address:
ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5 AF
Helpline: 0303 123 1113