TSL’s new initiative to help local groups to be welcoming & inclusive
TSL is supporting community groups including faith groups and sports groups to be more inclusive, give people from all backgrounds better access to community activities and provide more opportunities for more people to take part.
Open to All is a way for groups to promote that their activities are welcoming and inclusive.
We ask groups to sign up to the TSL Open to All standards – including:
- Having a named contact on publicity so people can enquire about the group;
- Being welcoming and supportive to new members;
- Welcoming referrals from social prescribing link workers;
- Signposting members to other community resources and support where appropriate.
Groups will receive TSL Open to All certification to display. Volunteer-led groups only will receive £100 to help them adopt these standards.
Some of the groups who have already signed up to be Open to All and have received their certificates include:
- Huddersfield Mission
- The Branch at the Jubilee Centre
- Dalton Together
- Moldgreen United Reformed Church
- BBest Community Hub
- Yetton Together
- Roberttown Community Centre
- Quilts for Care Leavers
- Meltham Quilters
- Jamaica National Council Huddersfield
- Honeyzz Diabetes Support
Want to sign up to be Open to All or find out more? Contact Bridget at email@example.com