Whether you want to volunteer on a regular basis or now and again, there are plenty of volunteer opportunities available…
View our latest opportunities below or use the search options to find your ideal role. If you can’t find what you’re looking for or need some extra help, get in touch.
- Anywhere in Kirklees
Who Are We?
Re-engage (formerly Contact the Elderly) is the national charity dedicated to tackling loneliness and social isolation amongst older people living in the United Kingdom. Our mission is to empower older people to make new social connections, and break out of the cycle of social isolation.
We have activity groups in Wales, Birmingham, West Yorkshire, Bristol and the South West.
Become an activity group coordinator
Our activity group coordinators are a vital part of the Re-engage team.
Activity groups are free monthly groups open to people aged 75 and over who are lonely, isolated and in need of companionship. The groups are a great way for older people to stay active and to make new friends.
The gentle exercises, activities, and sports can vary from group to group and month to month depending on what it is the older people enjoy. However, each activity group will contain an activity that gets people moving such as: dance, chair exercises and stretches, boules, skittles, or boccia.
As an activity group coordinator, you’ll ensure that the older people know when and where the activity groups are, and who’ll be collecting them each month. This is an administrative role that requires planning and scheduling. You must be comfortable organising monthly groups, communicating with other volunteers, older people, and the Re-engage team, as well as resolving any issues that might arise.
You’ll need a DBS check for this role.
- Setting up and coordinating a monthly or fortnightly activity group, with the support of Re-engage.
- Contacting volunteers and contacting activity guests prior to each activity group.
- Arranging the activities for the group. Activities must have an element of light physical activity.
- Keeping in regular contact with your group of volunteers and sharing any updates from Re-engage that are relevant to them.
- Following the guidance in your training modules to ensure that your group activity sessions are enjoyable, appropriate and in line with our charitable aims.
18 yrs and above
- Application form required
- References required
- DBS (criminal record check that the organisation will organise)
We’re looking for activity group coordinators with: Excellent communication skills Good administrative and IT skills A friendly, empathetic approach Patience A passion for improving the lives of lonely and isolated older people If this sounds like you, then please use our online application form and get in touch.
Submit your details to apply
Copyright 2023. All Rights Reserved