Whether you want to volunteer on a regular basis or now and again, there are plenty of volunteer opportunities available…
View our latest opportunities below or use the search options to find your ideal role. If you can’t find what you’re looking for or need some extra help, get in touch.
Business Volunteer - Dewsbury Library
- Dewsbury and Mirfield
Kirklees Libraries are increasing reading and literacy, improving digital access and literacy, supporting everyone to achieve their full potential, supporting everyone to live healthier and happier lives, enabling greater prosperity, building stronger more resilient communities, offering everyone access to culture and the opportunity to be creative. Volunteering opportunities are varied and include storytelling, supporting events, helping with crafts, gardening, running Lego and code clubs, admin role e.g. secretary, chair and planning rotas for Friends of groups and many more. If you want to make new friends, get out and keep active, support your community or gain new skills we have something for you.
If you are enthusiastic about helping entrepreneurs and small business owners succeed, want to learn new skills, and think you have ability to become be a business mentor for libraries, you can support our business offer. In this role you will be providing support with business planning, marketing, and intellectual property and helping customers with our business-related collections, resources, and events.
What’s in it for you?
- Share Knowledge and expertise.
- Increase confidence working with people.
- Become part of a friendly and dedicated team.
- Gain valuable experience for CVs.
- Meet new people and make friends.
Who you are.
- You may have knowledge running a business.
- You enjoy meeting people.
- You are enthusiastic and friendly.
- You can communicate well with customers, staff, and other volunteers.
- You want to give your time to the community.
- Have leadership and Organisational skills.
Anything else you should know?
- You will need one referee to provide a character reference. This could be an employer, teacher, support worker etc.
- An induction to the service and appropriate training will be provided.
- Travel expenses can be claimed if required to attend training sessions.
- The BIPC hub is at Dewsbury Library, but the BIPC offer extends across Kirklees – and you may like to volunteer at more than one location.
We are unable to offer travel expenses for volunteering, you can volunteer at a Library near to where you live.
18 yrs and above
- Application form required
- References required
Knowledge/Interest in running businesses