Whether you want to volunteer on a regular basis or now and again, there are plenty of volunteer opportunities available…
View our latest opportunities below or use the search options to find your ideal role. If you can’t find what you’re looking for or need some extra help, get in touch.
- Dewsbury and Mirfield
- Thursday Daytime
Young at Heart is a well-established and well-respected volunteer led group. We provide a weekly meeting place for the isolated elderly including games, crafts, coffee and chats as well as trips and meals out. We now need to expand our offer and are seeking a lead volunteer to manage the new group. You will be supported by an established team. We would expect the new Volunteer to become involved in the management group for the organisation.
We now need to expand our offer and are seeking a lead volunteer to manage the new group. You will be supported by an established team. The group session will take place on Thursday mornings at Shaw Cross Club for Young People, Leeds Road, Shaw Cross, Dewsbury WF12 7HP
- Welcoming members to the group
- Collecting member fees (cash handling)
- Planning and delivering activities such as games and crafts
- Chatting to members, and generally supervising the running of the session.
- Recruiting, assisting and supporting volunteers
- Basic admin and helping with the management team planning both groups’ calendars and assisting in grant applications.
- Being a point of contact with outside agencies.
- In time becoming a joint bank account holder.
- Dealing with issues and problems that may arise and being the main lead for the group.
Who are we looking for?
You will be used to dealing with people in a calm, relaxed and welcoming manner.
Ideally you will have experience of managing people/projects
Knowledge of safeguarding and first aid (training will be provided)
We can offer free access to relevant training including a safeguarding course, first aid course, minibus course and any courses that are deemed necessary.
We offer out of pocket expenses and will support you in your role.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a friendly and supportive team and to be able to contribute your ideas to the future direction and management of the group
Young at Heart
18 yrs and above
- Application form required
- References required
- DBS (criminal record check that the organisation will organise)
- Valid Driving Licence
Submit your details to apply