Expand Your Skills and Employability, or Build Confidence and Wellbeing with Northern College
Are you looking to expand your community group using social media, learn new skills to enhance your employability, or do you fancy learning something new to give you a sense of control and help you maintain a healthy wellbeing during these uncertain times?Here’s what’s on offer:
- Keeping Kids Safe Online 9th – 10th July
- Introduction to Volunteering 11th – 12th July
- Developing Your Community Group Online 13th – 17th July
- Peer Mentoring Level 1 14th – 18th July
- Introduction to Databases 27th – 28th July
- Functional Maths – Level 1 27th July – 19th August
- Functional Maths – Level 2 27th July – 19th August
In addition to our online Short Courses, the college has some new Micro Courses on offer, which are free to everyone and a great way to dip your toe back in to education. You can start these courses whenever you like and finish them in your own time, plus there is no limit to how many you complete.
Here are just some of the Micro courses on offer:
- Employability skills
- Numeracy skills
- Maths – Level 2 refresh
- English for speakers of other languages (ESOL)
- English skills (part 1 & 2)
- Digital literacy skills
You can find out more about these courses and enrol straight on to the course in a few easy steps via this link https://www.northern.ac.uk/courses/micro-courses/
For anyone looking for higher qualifications, we still have places on our Access to Higher Education courses in Computing, Health Science Professions, Policing, Action for Social Change and Humanities & Social Science, which all start in September 2020.
We also offer a range of Teacher Education courses starting at level 3 all the way up to degree level.
You can learn more about our courses, the funding support available, and the incredible facilities for adults who choose to study Northern College, on our website at www.northern.ac.uk