Kirklees Council Employee Supported Volunteering Opportunities
Latest Kirklees Council Volunteering Opportunities – February to April 2020
We are delighted to be working with Kirklees Council on their new Employee Volunteering Scheme. It allows every Council Employee 2 days paid volunteering every year and to give something back to their community. The Business Volunteering Team at Volunteering Kirklees are here to help you find the right role for you, and match you with a local organisation.
You can find details of the latest opportunities here:
To book, contact Sharron – firstname.lastname@example.org, 01484 519053.
Download a flyer – Council Volunteering Flyer – Standard pdf
Download a poster to promote your own volunteering opportunity – Council Volunteering Flyer – blank middle
It’s up to you to whether you want to do 2 full days together or spread your time over the full year, whether you want to volunteer on your own, or as part of a group or as an away day/team building day with your Council colleagues. And there are so many options to choose from.
- share your skills and expertise – we get requests for everything from piano playing to crafts, to admin, bookkeeping and marketing
- be a mentor or advisor – can you help teach or upskill a group of volunteers or staff? Again we get requests for things like web design, creating posters, writing case studies and reports, using software and technology, health and safety?
- run an event – would you be up for running a fundraising event, or helping at an existing event like the Food and Drink Festival, a Colour Run, sponsored walk, Christmas lunch?
- join a work day – sometimes it’s great to be part of a group of people tackling a set project in one day. It could be anything from sorting charity donations and school uniform, to a river clean-up, or maintenance and decorating
- become a trustee – all charities need a variety of responsible people to help manage and run them and make sure that they meet their legal responsibilities.
For help, ideas and inspiration, speak to Sharron – email@example.com, 01484 519053