At KVIN, the wellbeing of our service users, volunteers and staff is always our priority. Given the rapidly developing situation in relation to corona virus, we want to share the following information with you. As of Wednesday, 18th March 2020, KVIN will be suspending all face to face services across all our 3 sites. This means that our Huddersfield, Dewsbury and Batley drop in service, will not operate until further notice. As you will appreciate, we have not taken this decision lightly.
At present KVIN staff are continuing to work support our volunteers and service users, we are;
- Remaining active on our social media channels to give updates.
- Actively checking our KVIN Support What’s app group, if you would like to join this group contact us and we will add you.
- Making regular phone calls to volunteers and service users.
- Providing group chat sessions on a weekly basis.
- Provide practical support such as food shopping or prescription collections and dropping at your doorstep, contact us if you need help with this.
- Referring service users to other support services as required.
Our staff and volunteers are continuing to work, providing telephone and email support – but not face to face. From Friday 20th March onwards, the KVIN landline number will no longer be available as staff will be working from home remotely. Our staff and volunteers will be working Weds-Fri weekly and are contactable by mobile or email;
- Christine Stephen 07765 344244 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claire Drake 07708 054245 email@example.com
- Mark Owen 07564 681920 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dan Owen 07564 681933 email@example.com
- Sam Heaton firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Quarmby 07828 212555 email@example.com
Below are some phone numbers of several services that you may find useful. Please contact us if you need help accessing these services:
- Kirklees Gateway to Care – 01484 414933
- NHS helpline – 111 – please do not go to GPs!
- Nicki Rowe (ECLO for Dewsbury Hospital): 07808 735 748
- Alice Elliot (ECLO for Huddersfield Royal Infirmary): 07711 920 494
- Silverline – helpline and telephone befriending for over 50’s (0800 4 70 80 90)
- Free Talking Book Libraries (Calibre – 01296 432339), RNIB (0303 123 9999). With 20,000+ titles, there’s something for you to keep occupied.
- Stores doing home delivery via phone – Iceland – 0800 328 0800 or Boots – 0345 070 8090
- Wiltshire Farm Foods – frozen meals home delivered – 0800 077 3100
Continue to check our website and social media channels regularly for updates.