Thriving Kirklees Seed Fund Open
Deadline approaches for Thriving Kirklees Seed Fund
The deadline is fast approaching for applications from community groups for grants of up to £4000 to support projects working with children, young people and families.
Apply by 5pm on 20th September 2021
Thriving Kirklees, in partnership with Third Sector Leaders Kirklees, has opened its latest Seed Fund round of grants available to community groups working on projects in Kirklees.
Groups can bid for support ranging from a few hundred pounds up to a maximum of £4000 for projects and programmes supporting children, young people and families.
Applications are being accepted up to 20th September 2021 with a total of £28,500 being made available to share among successful applicants.
To see the full criteria and download an application form from the Thriving Kirklees website, please click the button below
Successful applications will have 6 months from approval to deliver their project.
Closing date for submitting this application is 5pm on Monday September 20th 2021.
For support with your project idea or with completing the application form, please contact Bridget Hughes at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07540434573
The previous round of Seed Fund grants supported a range of activities including:
- An online storytelling and craft programme involving 15 weekly sessions for parents and children
- Outdoor activity sessions at Crow Nest Park in Dewsbury for children with additional needs and their families
- Christmas Day lunch for young people who have left care and who would otherwise have been on their own.
- School holiday online sessions and creative packs sent to parents to support children with additional needs.
- Sessions to boost the emotional and physical wellbeing of vulnerable and hard-to-reach families
- Activity packs to encourage children to grow food, cook it and eat it, as well as promoting the health and well-being benefits of being outdoors & being closer to nature
- Weekly family dance sessions for children aged under 5 and their families.
Thriving Kirklees is the partnership of local health and wellbeing providers all working together to support children, young people aged up to 0-19 years and their families to thrive and be healthy. The partnership involves Locala Health and Wellbeing, Home-Start Kirklees, Northorpe Hall Child and Family Trust, South West Yorkshire NHS Trust and Yorkshire Children’s Centre.