TAKE SOME TIME OUT FOR YOUR Team
choose a half-day experience run by a local charity or community group in kirklees
show your commitment to supporting the health & wellbeing of your staff & volunteers
and support a local vCSE organisation at the same time
For the last 2 years, TSL Kirklees has coordinated a menu of half-day, fully funded wellbeing experiences from local charitable organisations. This funding has now run out, but you can still fund sessions yourselves.
HOW DO WE BOOK?
You can book a Wellbeing Experience for your team by contacting your chosen organisation directly using the contact details on their experience profile below.
If you book an experience and would like to send us some comments or a case study (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or share something on social media (tag us and the organisation that ran your experience), we would love to hear how it went.
Choose a wellbeing Experience
Well-being and Team Building Workshops
Platform 1 is a unique and diverse mental health charity offering easy and prompt access to a range of services tailored to meet the needs of every individual who needs our support. Our counsellors and crisis support/welfare workers work with our members to ensure that they are supported with anything in their lives which is effecting their mental health, including practical aspects such as housing, finances etc.
Our support does not end when someone has completed their counselling sessions as we also provide support groups as an extension of the coping skills they have developed through their counselling. Currently these include;
- Prostate Cancer Support Group,
- Domestic Violence Support Group for Women,
- Domestic Violence Support Group for Men,
- Sexual Abuse group for women,
- Sexual Abuse group for men,
- Menopause Support Group,
- Women’s Support Group, Support Group for women who have lost their children through Foster placement or Adoption
- More groups will be developed as need is recognised.
We can offer the following:
- Art and Craft Workshop (10-12 participants)
- Mental Health awareness and self-care Workshop (10-15)
- Team Building Cooking Challenge Workshop. Working together and sharing skills. (10)
- Team Building “Who do you think I am” Workshop – helping groups to know each other better and aid communication.(10)
- Team Building Recycling swap workshop – participants bring in an item that they pass to someone else to repurpose the item. (10)
- Team Building and Well-being Woodwork Workshop(10)
- “Who did it workshop” – fun workshop looking at communication skills (10)
- Other workshops will be available as our site develops.
Please feel free to visit us at anytime at 7 St Georges Square HD1 1LA for a chat and a cuppa.
7 St Georges Square
Huddersfield HD1 1LA
More Health and Wellbeing Support
This project is part of a larger Staff Emotional Health and Wellbeing Offer Across Kirklees Place initiative to help create a ‘wellness culture’ across Kirklees and support staff who have faced heightened levels of stress and exposure to potentially traumatic experiences during the pandemic with ongoing emotional health and wellbeing support and recovery. With funding from West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health Care Partnership, partners including Locala, TSL Kirklees and Kirklees Council have come to get to create and promote a number of different types of support, via the: