Volunteers Week 2020 will take place from the 1st-7th June. At TSL Kirklees, we recognise the exceptional work that our volunteers do, and believe that they deserve to be thanked.
Normally we’d have events and visit organisations to thank volunteers. However, following advice from NCVO, we will be doing everything virtually. We will also be focusing on thanking volunteers, rather than having a celebration.
Every day of Volunteers Week, we will be sharing quotes, stories, photos and videos on different themes. These include:
- Monday 1st June: Being Neighbourly. Thanking everyone who has checked in on a neighbour.
- Tuesday 2nd June: Communities in Action. A thank you to all those volunteers who are helping out in their local community with shopping, delivering prescriptions, dog walking and other activities.
- Wednesday 3rd June: Helping from Home. Thanking those who are helping a charity from home. This includes writing letters to the elderly, telephoning isolated people and other activities.
- Thursday 4th June: Clap for our Co-ordinators! Recognising the Volunteer Managers and Co-ordinators, and how they've had to adapt to keep volunteering services running.
- Friday 5th June: Businesses Giving Back. Thanking employers who have supported volunteering over the last year, and those businesses that have helped out during COVID-19.
- Saturday 6th June: Volunteering on Hold. Thanking all volunteers who have contributed so much over the last year, including those who are currently unable to volunteer due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Sunday 7th June: Being Thankful. A thank you to past, present and future volunteers. This crisis has highlighted how important volunteers are, and will continue to be in the future.
Don’t forget to use the following tag and copy us in so we can share #VolunteersWeek or #VolunteersWeekKirklees. We look forward to sharing all your good news stories!
If you have any questions, ideas or requests please let us know email at email@example.com