Kirklees Council Announces Festive £50k Fund For Community Organisations
Kirklees Council have made an extra £50,000 available to support vital community groups and organisations in local places across Kirklees. The funding will provide some much-needed support for community organisations who have been affected by losing out on income over the Christmas and New Year period, due to Covid-19.
Support fund for local groups – Christmas and New Year
In 2020, vital community groups and organisations in our local places have found it especially difficult to generate income to support their work. Key events over the Christmas period usually provide essential funding for many smaller organisations in particular. Without the local Christmas lights switch on events, lunches, Christmas fairs, carol concerts and other seasonal activities, some groups are finding that this support has all but disappeared.
Kirklees Council have provided an extra £50,000 to help community organisations meet some of these challenges. The extra funding has been added to councillors’ Ward Project Budgets. This is funding that Kirklees Councillors distribute to organisations and projects in their local area.
Who can apply?
- Voluntary and community organisations who usually arrange festive events and activities over the Christmas and New Year period to generate income for their organisation.
- Constituted groups can apply for up to £1,000.
What can groups apply for?
- Essential costs of keeping current activities going.
- Running costs due to loss of income – for example, insurance, utility costs, maintenance or transport costs.
- Contributions towards volunteer expenses or staff salaries.
- New or improved IT systems or software.
How and when can groups apply?
You will need to complete a short electronic application form to apply for funding.
Forms are available from:
There are no deadlines for groups to apply, subject to the availability of funds.Find out more about this and other funding support Access free advice and support from TSL Kirklees