Power to Change Leadership Programme
Leading the Way is a Power to Change programme for people running community enterprises, and aims to increase the leader’s confidence, resilience, networks and skills, and in turn support the resilience and development of their organisation.
The support programme, run in partnership with Virgin Money Foundation, is open to leaders in North East England and Yorkshire and the Humber.
· Based either in Yorks & the Humber or in the North East, in an area ranked in the top 30% of the Index of Multiple Deprivation
· Running an organisation that’s been incorporated for at least 2 years, and that generates some income through trading
· Serving a local communit(ies), with a remit up to city-wide
· Working in a role that has responsibility or accountability for running the organisation, is decision-making, and manages a team
· Haven’t accessed significant leadership training in the last 5 years (we’re keen to work with people who haven’t accessed leadership training previously, but recognise that the community business context means that some traditional leadership training isn’t straightforwardly transferable; we’re also open to people/orgs who have accessed community business-specific support that hasn’t had a leadership focus)
What’s on offer:
· A 16 month programme which aims to increase the leader’s confidence, resilience, networks and skills, and in turn support the resilience and development of their organisation
· A regionally-based cohort to share and learn with
· The following activities:
o 10 group learning days, combining technical skills sessions delivered by SSE, and interactive peer-to-peer learning
o £6k budget for tailored technical support, delivered by SSE’s network of associates
o One-to-one development with a mentor throughout the programme
o 10 coaching sessions
o £8k unrestricted grant to support the leader’s learning and/or increase the organisation’s impact
The application deadline is 28th February 2022.