In 2019, National Lottery Open Week ran under the campaign name #ThanksToYou.
If your group or organisation has been a recipient of National Lottery funding, you have had an enormous part in making a real difference to the people and places in your local community.
The National Lottery Open Week is a fantastic opportunity to thank the National Lottery players who have helped to make your work possible as well as welcome visitors to your venue/ project.
Anyone who visits a National Lottery supported project and shows a National Lottery ticket between 5 and 13 June is able to take up a special offer.
Examples of previous offers
– Many venues saw a good business case for taking part – by offering free trials, entry or sessions, visitors may upgrade to a monthly or annual membership.
– Could you team up with another project in your area? You bring the workshop and they provide the venue.
– Extend your opening hours for the period of the campaign – give busy families the chance to visit before or after work.
– Arrange a special one-off performance / ‘in conversation’ / Q&A event with a celebrity or expert panel and really highlight the work you do.
– Is there anything that you already have planned that you could allocate a portion of places to Open Week?
Why should my organisation get involved?
Has your National Lottery funded project kicked off and you’ve started on your programme of works? The impact that projects funded by good causes all across the UK makes is huge, but without the support of National Lottery players there wouldn’t be this funding to help you do what you do best! This is a chance to say ‘thank you’ and to talk about what a difference that support has made in a really clear and direct way.
This is also a fantastic opportunity to engage with new audiences, and welcome them back to your venues/ projects.
How do I sign up?
You can register using the link below. Your special offer will be listed so that members of the public can search for all the amazing things happening in their area.