News from TSL Kirklees Members & Partners About Their Covid19 Response
Obviously there has been a lot of disruption to organisations and services this week and many are still formulating plans and working out new ways of working, however, here are a few examples of some of the great ideas and partnerships that are starting to emerge:
- TSL Kirklees Member, Pay As You Feel Accountants CIC (with its sister organisation Solutions Accountancy) has created a summary of the new business support packages from the Government
- TSL Kirklees Partner, Huddersfield Literature Festival has had to cancel this year's festival, but is live-streaming some of its talks and workshops
- TSL Kirklees Member, S2R is creating and sharing craft videos, mental health tips and ideas for getting outside in nature.
- TSL Kirklees Member, DASH is using new distancing measures to make sure that they can still see and support asylum seekers and refugees safely.
- TSL Kirklees Member, Fair and Funky has created a new Facebook Group sharing crafty and recycling ideas and inspiration
- And our own team at TSL is experimenting with using virtual working tools such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom and WhatsApp groups so that we can keep in touch and keep working together.
Community groups and anchor organisations who are co-ordinating volunteers/support in your area
Batley & Spen, Birstall
- Batley Food Bank: Contact 01484414782
- Batley Post Office: Drop into the office during their opening hours
- Covid 19 Local Support Group Birstall
- Spen Health & Wellbeing, More in Common: Contact Parveen Butt at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yorkshire Children’s Centre: Contact Elaine Bostock at email@example.com
- The Mast, Denby Dale Centre: Contact Paul Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dewsbury and Thornhill
- Connect Housing: Contact Gary Gordon at email@example.com
- Masjid-E-Umar, Saville Town: Contact 07957235231, 07966228896, 07894959249
- Greenwood Network, Local Services 2 You: Contact Andy Petrie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Valleys Health & Social Care Network, Marsden Mechanics: Contact Sheila Bates at email@example.com
- The Viaduct, Paddock Trust: Contact Simon Asbee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tolson Care Partnership, Huddersfield Mission: Contact Paul Bridges at email@example.com
- Three Centres at Ravensthorpe Community Centre: Contact Abdul Aslam at firstname.lastname@example.org