Join us on #VCSEPowerKirklees Day in celebrating all the great stuff we do!
From the 28th March to 1st April, West Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership (WY HCP) have launched an online event to celebrate the work of their partners in the voluntary community social enterprise sector (VCSE).
This week look out for a West Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership showcase event celebrating the great work that our sector does in partnership with them and other health colleagues. The event will take place via the Harnessing Power of Communities website & on social media, using the hashtag #VCSEPower. Each day will have a different theme:
- Our Unique Selling Point
- Co-designing social prescribing and personalised care
- Early help on the ground
- Our track record and specialist skillset
and each of the 5 Local Authority Areas (Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Calderdale & Kirklees) will have a featured day as well. Kirklees will be on Wednesday 30th March.
Kirklees showcase selection
TSL Kirklees Community Anchor Network – a new place-based approach to infrastructure support, capacity-building, partnership working & linking the VCSE into PCNs & social prescribing:
- & more info https://tslkirklees.org.uk/get-help-with/supporting-communities/developing-your-community-group/
- Community Anchor postcard – https://tslkirklees.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/TSL-Community-Anchor-Postcard.pdf
- Case study, Yorkshire Children’s Centre – https://tslkirklees.org.uk/case-study-our-community-form/
- Case study, S2R & Ravensthorpe Community Centre – https://tslkirklees.org.uk/case-study-anchor-launch-and-community-safety-consultation-event/
- Case study, Mast PCN area – https://tslkirklees.org.uk/case-study-stocksmoor-community-association/
- Case study, Thornton Lodge Action Group – https://tslkirklees.org.uk/case-study-sunday-art-and-craft-session/
- Our previous Community Anchor Network became part of the local Covid Response – https://tslkirklees.org.uk/small-local-charity-helps-kirklees-council-deliver-covid19-co-ordinated-community-response/
Community Learning – encouraging people who are furthest from formal education and or employment to try new structured community activities that will support their health, wellbeing and learning;
- Unleashed Mondays @ Roberttown Community Centre Ready2Learn Case Study – https://youtu.be/PRY5UTF61Oc
- MAMA Unleashed @ Fieldhead Community Centre Wellbeing Fund Case Study – https://youtu.be/EdziRryDMhE
- Community Learning Works (previous project) – https://tslkirklees.org.uk/get-help-with/supporting-communities/community-learning/
TSL Kirklees Welcome Mentor Volunteers – supporting new migrants to Kirklees:
TSL Kirklees Year End Infographics 20-21 – summary of our work & impact:
- Also here – https://tslkirklees.org.uk/about-us/
Growing for success with Growing Focal in Huddersfield – an award-winning partnership project to support social prescribing & people’s wellbeing in Lindley:
Well Connected – encouraging more community activity in North Kirklees to support people coming out of lockdown:
Case study – Serendipity Creative Writing – https://tslkirklees.org.uk/case-study-serendipity-creative-writing/
Case study – Umbrella Yoga – https://tslkirklees.org.uk/case-study-north-kirklees-wellbeing-yoga/
Thriving Kirklees Seed Funding Case Study: Family Dance – https://youtu.be/41zspSGqUA4
Wellbeing Experiences – funded wellbeing activities from local community organisations for Covid key workers, including health and social care, local authority and VCSE:
- Evaluation report – TSL Kirklees Wellbeing Experiences.docx
Community cookbook brings people together after lockdown – https://tslkirklees.org.uk/community-cookbook-brings-people-together-after-lockdown/
Eat Well Move More – a social prescribing project helping people improve their health through cooking and exercise classes:
- Evaluation report – https://tslkirklees.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Eat-Well-Move-More-Final-Evaluation2.pdf
Feeding Kirklees – a new partnership approach to tackling food insecurity & poverty in Kirklees:
Threads of Survival – national crafting & Covid commemoration project:
- Kirklees Volunteering Quality Award – https://tslkirklees.org.uk/what-is-kvqa/
- Volunteering Stories – https://tslkirklees.org.uk/category/volunteering-news/volunteering-stories/
An Introduction to Words in Mind Project (past project) – supporting people with mental health problems and dementia through therapeutic reading groups – https://youtu.be/xoaQCNZpOwQ
Join us by sharing your stories!
On Wednesday 30th March, join us in sharing and celebrating all the great work our voluntary and community groups, charities and social enterprises do in Kirklees by sharing your stories, case studies, images, videos about your activities, services, groups and the impact you have on people’s lives. Use the hashtag #VCSEPowerKirklees on anything you post and tag us on social media and we’ll share and re-post as much as we can.
You can find us on:
- Facebook – @ThirdSectorLeadersKirklees
- Twitter – @tslkirklees
- LinkedIn – @TSLKirklees
- YouTube – Third Sector Leaders Kirklees
- and if you’re registered on our website, you can login to you dashboard & add a news story yourself on there!
- (We’re not on Instagram, but our TSL Kirklees Volunteering Team are – @tslvolunteering)
We have sent in a selection of videos, case studies, presentations and resources for each theme, but please feel free to share your own throughout the week as well (please tag us on social media & use #VCSEPower & #VCSEPowerKirklees) or send things over for us to share – firstname.lastname@example.org.