The Latest Information in One Place, Updated Regularly
In order to help support you through the current crisis we'll use this post to collate together all the latest information and guidance in one place and we'll update it regularly (ideally on a daily basis).
Latest Official Information
Updated Information as of 12th May 2020
All Government Guidance on Covid19 in one place
Furlough Scheme extended to October, with more flexibility from August
- https://www.gov.uk/government/news/chancellor-extends-furlough-scheme-until-october - Government furlough scheme extended to October with options for employees to
Guidance on going back to work if you can't work from home
Summary from one of our members
- Upated details of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme - are you eligible and how much can you claim to cover wages?
- Coronavirus support for employees, benefit claimants and businesses
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance for the charity sector
- WhatsApp Information Service
- Public Health England: Coronavirus Advice Resources
- Charity Commission: Coronavirus Guidance for the Charity Sector
Association of British Insurers:
- Details of pledge from motor and home insurers to waive the need to update your policy if:
- you're working from home,
- using your car as part of the Covid19 response in your community,
- are a key worker and are using your car for work.
Sources of Support & Advice
NCVO - Coronavirus Resources and guidance
- *Updated* Your organisation and coronavirus
Our main practical guidance with information to help you protect your staff, volunteers and beneficiaries, and handle the financial and other impacts on your organisation.
Our volunteering development manager Shaun Delaney explains what we know.
Charities delivering public services are facing serious challenges. Rebecca Young explains the issues and what the government's new guidance for contracting authorities will mean in practice.
Our free webinar with Bates Wells solicitors is available watch again on demand. It's full of great advice on topics like HR law, contracts, insurance, governance and volunteer managment. Just register to view.
Tuesday 2 April at 10.00
Our Trusted Supplier will explain how to keep your remote workers safe and secure.
Our governance lead Dan Francis outlines nine questions to consider.
Shaun Delaney on the coordination efforts going on behind the scenes and explains the best ways to offer your support.
Paul Winyard details initiatives like the new National Emergencies Trust appeal and promises of support from grantmakers.
- NCVO - webinar on key coronavirus legal issues for charities
- Phoenix - get 10 free business licences for Microsoft Office 365 and use Teams for free to help with remote working
- Hope & May - advice on data protection and coronavirus
- Smartdesc - Top tips on remote working for charities
- Zurich - Guidance on pandemic planning & organisation resilience
- CharityJob - tips on supporting your team when working from home
- SAFE CIC - online safeguarding training
- NCVO - details of support & information from the National Council for Voluntary Organisations
- National Youth Agency Advice for youth groups
- Federation of Small Businesses - including HR & employment advice
- Charity Digital - information on the best technology for remote working, free software for charities and hints and tips
- School For Social Entrepreneurs - Coronavirus: How Social Enterprises and Charities can Prepare
- Good Finance - Covid19: Resource Hub for Charities and Social Enterprises
- WYCAS - our partners at West Yorkshire Community Accounting Service can offer free finance and accounting advice to third sector organisations in Kirklees
- Charity Commission- What to do if your organisation has suffered financially
- Third Sector: Coronavirus Updates - Third Sector Live blog
- Third Sector: Government considering package of support
- Civil Society: Charities begin self-isolation social media fundraising campaigns
- The Guardian: Morrisons gives foodbanks £10million worth of food
- Independent: Government to announce funding support for charities 'within days' & Independent launches Help The Hungry campaign supporting foodbanks
- Civil Society: Over 100 MPs and peers back charity sector's plea for emergency funding
- Civil Society: Not all charities will be able to access coronavirus loan scheme - details of the Coronavirus Business Interuption Loan Scheme and how it relates to charities
- Civil Society: Covid-19 means charities can ask for extensions on filing annual returns - charities should contact the Charity Commission if they are facing challenges
- Civil Society: Government talking to charity leaders about support to deal with Covid-19 impact
- Civil Society: Charity to cut staff salaries as organisations close buildings and shops - how charities are dealing with sudden drops in income
- Locality - Urgent Action Needed to Support Community Organisations
Have Your Say
- The National Lottery Community Fund is contacting grant holders and partners to find out how it can support the community & the sector at the current time. You can follow their updates here and add your own comments...
- Spacehive - the crowdfunding platform that supports Kirklees Council's Growing Great Places Crowdfunding initiative is asking people about the sort of projects that will make a difference to their communities over the coming months. They will use this information to help funders understand how they can best help people get through the current situation. https://www.spacehive.com/movement/growinggreatplaces And the current funding round is open until Tuesday 24th March.
- NCVO, the Institute of Fundraisers & the Charity Finance Group would like as many people as possible to complete their Coronavirus Impact Survey by the end on Monday 23rd March. They want information quickly so that they can use it to address needs & influence government policy.
- NCVO is also asking people to share their press release, share their tweets and share your concerns using #EveryDayCounts
Mental Health Resources
- Download a leaflet detailing local mental health support services and key contacts in Kirklees: Page 1, Page 2
- Skills For Health free online Covid19 Awareness Course for health and key workers and public sector workforces to learn about symptoms, support & infection prevention
- Infant feeding - The Unicef UK Baby Friendly Initiative advice on best practice for infant feeding during the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Online Support - Age UK are offering support for older people getting online to video call
- Mencap - Easy Read Information about Coronavirus
- Video information for migrants in Kirklees, different languages from our TSL Kirklees Migration Team. Each video is based on the same script and covers an explanation of social distancing and the current rules, a description of Covid19 symptoms and details of how to get help. (More videos to follow.)
- Doctors of The World UK: NHS guidelines on coronavirus translated into 32 languages