The Latest Information in One Place, Updated Regularly
In order to help support you through the current crisis we'll use this post to collate together all the latest information and guidance in one place and we'll update it regularly (ideally on a daily basis).
Latest Official Information
- Coronavirus support for employees, benefit claimants and businesses
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance for the charity sector
Sources of Support & Advice
- NCVO - details of support & information from the National Council for Voluntary Organisations
- National Youth Agency Advice for youth groups
- Federation of Small Businesses - including HR & employment advice
- Charity Digital - information on the best technology for remote working, free software for charities and hints and tips
- School For Social Entrepreneurs - Coronavirus: How Social Enterprises and Charities can Prepare
- Good Finance - Covid19: Resource Hub for Charities and Social Enterprises
- WYCAS - our partners at West Yorkshire Community Accounting Service can offer free finance and accounting advice to third sector organisations in Kirklees
- Charity Commission- What to do if your organisation has suffered financially
- Civil Society: Not all charities will be able to access coronavirus loan scheme - details of the Coronavirus Business Interuption Loan Scheme and how it relates to charities
- Civil Society: Covid-19 means charities can ask for extensions on filing annual returns - charities should contact the Charity Commission if they are facing challenges
- Civil Society: Government talking to charity leaders about support to deal with Covid-19 impact
- Civil Society: Charity to cut staff salaries as organisations close buildings and shops - how charities are dealing with sudden drops in income
- Locality - Urgent Action Needed to Support Community Organisations
Have Your Say
- The National Lottery Community Fund is contacting grant holders and partners to find out how it can support the community & the sector at the current time. You can follow their updates here and add your own comments...
- Spacehive - the crowdfunding platform that supports Kirklees Council's Growing Great Places Crowdfunding initiative is asking people about the sort of projects that will make a difference to their communities over the coming months. They will use this information to help funders understand how they can best help people get through the current situation. https://www.spacehive.com/movement/growinggreatplaces And the current funding round is open until Tuesday 24th March.
- NCVO, the Institute of Fundraisers & the Charity Finance Group would like as many people as possible to complete their Coronavirus Impact Survey by the end on Monday 23rd March. They want information quickly so that they can use it to address needs & influence government policy.
- NCVO is also asking people to share their press release, share their tweets and share your concerns using #EveryDayCounts
Mental Health Resources
- Download a leaflet detailing local mental health support services and key contacts in Kirklees: Page 1, Page 2